Recommended Beard Maintenence ProductsBeyond a quality shampoo and conditioner, some men may consider beard-specific facial hair care products for use on their beards. Below, we consider a decent boar-bristle beard brush to be absolutely essental for two reasons: 1. Cleaning dead skin cells or soap resude off the skin of the jowl and neck which is especially important for men with very dense but short beards - or guys who wear longer beards full-time, and 2. Bringing the natural skin oils into the hairs of the beard for a natural gloss and healthy shine.
Beard Oils Brushes And Waxes
|Best Beard Balm||Best Beard Brush||Best Beard Conditioner|
|Honest Amish Conditioner
Natural Essential Oils
|Boar Bristle Beard Brush
Bring Out Natural Oils
|Wild Man Beard Care
Lightly Scented Oils
Beard Dyes And ColorantsAs a man ages, a greying beard is natural. For some this comes way too early in life. For others, you may find lopsided, unbalanced or uneven loss of color in parts of your beard. Still others are pleasantly surprised that coloring a beard prudently restores a more youthful appearance. But overdoing and overdyeing just makes you look like an old fool.
|Just For Men's Beards||Clairol Color For Men||For Red-Bearded Gingers|
|Range Of Beard Colors
Just For Beards
|For Scalp and Beard
|Auburn For Red Beards
10-Minute Hair Color
Whisker Wisdom : Coloring Your Beard or GoateeIf you choose to dye or color your whiskers - BE SENSIBLE - Follow these beard coloring tips for NATURAL LOOKING RESULTS and to avoid a whisker tradgedy when applying dyes and colorants:
- Do NOT Shave Beforehand - Do it afterward to minimize skin irritation
- Choose a shade 2 steps lighter than you think! TIMING controls color
- When Just-For-Men for beards says 5 minutes - they mean it!
- Just-For-Men uses a Color Scale: M15 (Light Blonde) to M60 (Jet Black)
- Scalp hair can 'Take' color differently than coarse beard hair
- Apply to DRY whiskers! A wet beard interferes with absorbtion
- Apply beard dye to your LIGHTEST / Grayest areas FIRST
- Shampoo color out BEFORE you see the darkest color you want!
- Red-Bearded Men should use Women's AUBURN hair color products
It's always best to UNDER-DO dyeng your beard until you are more practiced and find the right shades, product, timings and techniques. Colorant tends to continue to 'develop' in scales of the hair shaft even while you're rinsing it out. If you wait until you see the shade you want during application, it will be too late! And by the time you finish shampooing it will often be DARKER than you planned when you dry off in front of the mirror. Less is often more. You can always do a SECOND application the next day if need be, and target specific areas (especially gray) that didn't 'take' color well on the initial application.